Lester Brunt Wealth Management explains a nine-step plan to make sure your finances are in order, just like your golf swing.
Think back to when you first joined your golf club, or played a new course and thought “I don’t have a clue what I am doing!” You do some research, use the knowledge you do have and power through.
This approach can only get you so far. Quite often clients have felt this way about finance but do not know what to do next. Catherine and Jennie, financial advisers from our partner Lester Brunt Wealth Management, have put together a nine-step plan to assist.
- Just as you would take lessons to perfect your golf stance or receive coaching to work on your swing, it’s always good to take advice from the experts. Professional help from a qualified financial adviser will provide you with sound financial advice with your interests at heart.
- To ensure you get the best out of each meeting, find an adviser you can trust and gel with. Just like partnering up to play a round of golf, if you want to improve your game and achieve the best experience, you need to have confidence in that person.
- Share your goals and worries with your trusted adviser. Do you want to look at every financial planning need or do you have a particular objective in mind? In golf, do you want to work on your whole game or concentrate on one area?
- Be honest. An adviser will need to know your full financial picture. It takes time to perfect your game, as it does to build a robust financial plan. Without all the facts it could take longer, and you might not get the most relevant advice if you don’t share the details.
- Your adviser will work with you to assess the information you give them. They will analyse the information you provide, to create a series of plans and scenarios that align with your objectives.
- The adviser will then present their advice to you, this will detail how the products are chosen will meet your goals and objectives, any tax implications of the product and how they can slot into your current plans.
- Your financial plan will then be implemented per your agreement.
- Keep in contact with your adviser. Finance is ever-evolving, much like your golf game. If your aims change at any point, ensure you discuss these with your adviser.
- Circumstances change, and life plays on. Review your financial position regularly and keep practising to perfect your game!
In many ways, the financial landscape is much like playing golf; rules and regulations must be followed, but if you have the right team behind you, you will excel.
Please reach out to Catherine or Jennie for a non-obligatory and informal discussion about how Lester Brunt can help you.
Catherine and Jennie have over three decades of combined financial experience and spend a lot of their time as advisers helping women achieve their financial goals. Within the female golfing community, Catherine and Jennie can share their passion and advocate the benefits of financial protection and the value and importance of financial planning. If you wish to get in touch, please contact Catherine or Jennie at [email protected] or [email protected]
Contact Catherine Scard or Jennie Rose
Catherine and Jennie have over three decades of combined financial experience and spend a lot of their time as advisers helping women achieve their financial goals. Within the female golfing community, Jennie and Catherine can share their passion and advocate the benefits of financial protection and the value and importance of financial planning. If you wish to get in touch, please contact Catherine or Jennie at [email protected] or [email protected]
07980 870 913
07763 833 474
Lester Brunt Wealth Management is an Appointed Representative of and represents only St. James's Place Wealth Management plc (which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority) for the purpose of advising solely on the group's wealth management products and services, more details of which are set out on the group's website http://www.sjp.co.uk/products. Lester Brunt Wealth Management is a trading name of Lester Brunt Wealth Management Ltd.