Grab the girls and book a 'Golf for Girls' short break at Thorpeness Golf Club & Hotel. For just £99 enjoy a one-night break with 18-holes of golf, three course dinner and a cocktail in the bar beforehand!
Grab the girls and book a 'Golf for Girls' short break at Thorpeness Golf Club & Hotel. For just £99 enjoy a one-night break with 18-holes of golf, three course dinner – a cocktail in the bar beforehand - and a delicious Thorpeness salad lunch on the day of departure.
Thorpeness is a magical English holiday village on the Suffolk Coast - with mock-Tudor houses, windmills, a boating lake, country club and a James Braid designed golf course overlooked by a quirky House in the Clouds. Thorpeness was the brain child of a wealthy Scottish barrister who wanted to create a holiday haven and a playground for families and children. It was here that Scottish author J.M Barrie was inspired to write Peter Pan.
Rates are based on two sharing a twin room and available on Thursday nights only from Thursday 15 May until 4 December 2014.
- Thorpeness enjoys a mild micro-climate, one of the lowest rates of rainfall in the UK and an extra two hours of sunshine per week compared to the rest of Britain
- The golf course is a haven for wildlife, flora and fauna – and a tranquil relaxing place to play
- Thorpeness lies in an AONB (Area of outstanding natural beauty) close to the Suffolk Heritage Coast
- At Thorpeness Hotel you can get from your bedroom to the first tee in under a minute
- Off course, there are quaint cafes, beautiful boutiques and independent retailers in nearby Aldeburgh
Regarded as one of the finest golf courses in Suffolk, Thorpeness is a classic British heathland designed by five-time Open Champion and legendary golf course architect James Braid.
The Par 70, 18 hole golf course is just a stones throw from the sea on the Suffolk coast and its challenging 6,421 yard course will test golfers of all abilities.
• 6,421 yard, par 70 James Braid designed heathland golf course
• 36 bedroom dog friendly golf hotel
• Overlooked by Suffolk’s famous ‘House in the Clouds’
• Thorpeness is open 360 days a year on average
• Travel from bedroom to first tee in under 60 seconds
• Fine food and warm hospitality in the Tee-View Restaurant
• Comfy leather chairs, wood panelled rooms and homely bar and restaurant
• Proud to be a holiday golf club to golfers the world over