Parkinson’s UK is offering golfers everywhere the opportunity to pitch in and drive off to raise vital funds for the charity, whether by organising a corporate golf day or teeing it up with friends.
Parkinson’s UK is offering golfers everywhere the opportunity to pitch in and drive off to raise vital funds for the charity. Whether you want to take part with friends and family, members of your golf club or work colleagues, Parkinson’s UK has everything you need to help you organise the perfect Par for Parkinson’s event.
Tee up with friends and family
Get your friends and family together to organise the perfect Par for Parkinson’s event. Test your stamina with our 3 course golf challenge and fly the flag for Parkinson’s UK.
Tee up with your golf club
Organise a golf day, a golf competition, a golf quiz and much more using our fundraising ideas, hints and tips.
Tee up with colleagues
Why not organise a fantastic fundraising day at work – including fun competition ideas, games and quizzes.
Where your money goes
Our work totally depends on donations.. All the money raised from Par for Parkinson’s will help the charity provide high quality local services and support our world-leading scientific research to find better treatments and a cure for Parkinson’s. It’s only through the commitment of our supporters that we can provide vital services to the 145,000 people in the UK living with Parkinson’s.
How your money helps
- £48 could fund a clinical researcher for two hours, allowing new Parkinson’s treatments to be tested and better diagnostic techniques to be developed
- £140 could pay for 10 helpline advisers to provide support and information to people affected by Parkinson’s.
- £500 could fund a MRI brain scan for an hour, to help our researchers learn more about the Parkinson’s brain.
- £1,400 could fund the Parkinson's UK Brain Bank for two days, supporting researchers in the UK and around the world in their mission to find a cure for Parkinson's.
Currently, the following golf clubs are supporting Parkinson’s UK during 2018 either as Charity of the Year or by organising standalone events:
- Royal Troon Golf Club - Captain
- Kirkcudbright Golf Club – Ladies Section
- Walton Heath Golf Club
- Mannings Heath Golf Club – Ladies Captain
- Faversham Golf Club – Ladies Captain
Previous Supporters have taken part in a range of golfing activities to raise funds and awareness including:
Nichi Macer from Boston Spa who has Parkinson’s, decided to organise a golf day at Rudding Park, Harrogate which raised a tremendous £6500 in July 2017 (photos attached)
Clark Contracts of Paisley chose to organise a golf themed day – in the office!
This coincided with Parkinson’s Awareness Week, so managed to raise some vital awareness as well as funds.
They dressed up, held a Masters Sweepstake fundraiser, Prize Raffle draw and “Guess the Number of Tees in the Jar” – raising £1,000 as part of their Charity of the Year partnership with us in 2017 (photo attached)
Carnalea Golf Club, Bangor, Northern Ireland – Ladies Section supported us in 2016/2017 raising £3000