The junior competition returns on July 6 at Brocket Hall with the largest number of entrants in the event's history.
After a delayed start, the Faldo Series Europe 2020 is kicking off on the prestigious Melbourne Course, Brocket Hall with the England South II Boys and England Girls Championship on July 6.
The three-day event is set to have the biggest ever field in the history of the series, with 156 elite junior boys and girls signed up to take part.
All will be hoping to secure a place at the 24th Faldo Series Europe Grand Final which will be hosted at Al Ain Equestrian, Shooting & Golf Club, Abu Dhabi this November.
Established in 1996, The Faldo Series is recognised as the only global amateur series for boys and girls. Competitors from ages 12 to 21 have the opportunity to test themselves against the very best juniors around the world across a series of 19 events, played throughout eight countries in three different continents.
Mel Reid and Carly Booth are among the previous competitors who have gone on to become some of the biggest stars in the game, and the revised schedule for the 2020 UK events is as follows:
- England South II Boys & England Girls Championship (Brocket Hall): July 6-8
- England Midlands Boys Championship (Kedleston Park Golf Club): July 13-15
- Scotland Girls & Boys Championship (Ladybank Golf Club): July 21-23
- Ireland Girls & Boys Championship (Glasson Golf Club): July 27-29
- Wales Girls & Boys Championship (Vale Resort): August 10-12
- England South Boys Championship (Royal Ashdown Forest Golf Club): August 18-20
- England North Boys Championship (St Annes Old Links Golf Club): August 24-26
Sir Nick Faldo, Founder of the Faldo Series, said:
“It’s amazing to be back, especially with such great enthusiasm from our players to get back and play competitive golf. Given the circumstances we’ve experienced this year, the Series is proud to be able host events again and with our most competitive fields and record numbers, it is very promising for the future of the game.
“Brocket Hall always delivers a fantastic experience for the Series players, and to be back here and launching the start of the Faldo Series is pretty special. This event will always be remembered for very different reasons, in particular as it marks our biggest ever field at an event and we can’t wait to see some great golf unfold over the coming days.”
For more information visit www.faldoseries.com.
New date announced for Curtis Cup 2021 - READ MORE