As detoxing tops New Year resolutions lists, more people are turning to hydrotherapy as it improves overall health and well-being. Fancy a hot tub? The easiest and fun way to enjoy hydrotherapy.
Hydrotherapy has been around for centuries, with the ancient Egyptians infusing their bathing water with essential oils and Romans who built communal public baths for their citizens. The practice of healing with water forms an integral part of traditional medicine practices.
Hot tubs are one of the most effective and accessible ways of incorporating hydrotherapy into your everyday life. Leading Cheshire hot tub specialists, Alfresco Life, has compiled a list of health benefits achieved through the use of hydrotherapy – perfect for your 2014 detox.
Top five benefits of hydrotherapy:
- Boosts the immune system by increasing blood flow and circulation of white blood cells throughout the body and allows lymph, an immune system fluid which eliminates foreign cells and debris from the body, to be moved through the body more efficiently, therefore strengthening the immune system and helping to fight illnesses
- Reduces muscle tension and alleviates pain as the feeling of weightlessness while submerged in water relieves tension from limbs
- Supports aching muscles by stimulating the release of endorphins, which act as a natural pain reliever
- Rehabilitates injured muscles by being immersed in warm or hot water elevates the body temperature, increasing blood flow around the circulatory system, alleviating pain. The improved circulation aids injured tissues and rehabilitates damaged muscles or joints
- Stress relief through hydrotherapy can help to reduce blood pressure caused by stress, while slowing down the body’s reaction to anxiety and release ‘happy’ endorphins
Commenting on hydrotherapy’s health benefits, Francesca Squire, director at Alfresco Life, said: “We’ve been approached by many people looking to relieve pain from a variety of ailments, including arthritis and back pain, and evidence* has shown that incorporating hydrotherapy into a recovery plan has its benefits. Our products offer a unique approach to hydrotherapy with jets which tailor massages to specific areas of the body and are positioned to maximise the effectiveness of each massage session.”
For more information please visit www.alfrescolife.co.uk.