New AIR-X family are Cobra’s lightest and most forgiving club lineup, designed for players with moderate swing speeds.
COBRA Golf has introduced the new AIR-X franchise, the latest evolution of its popular lightweight club category. Continuing its focus on weight-savings and forgiveness, COBRA’s new AIR-X women’s and men’s Drivers and Fairways each boast an additional 8 grams of total weight savings. At just 277 grams, the AIR-X driver delivers a new level of lightweight performance to improve feel and maximize clubhead speed and distance for players with moderate swing speeds.
COBRA’s AIR-X line is anchored by new and improved metalwoods that have been re-engineered with new weight saving technologies. The AIR-X drivers now feature a lighter and thinner ply carbon crown that is 30% thinner than the previous generation (F-MAX).
The new thin-ply carbon fibre saves a total of 5 additional grams compared to last year’s carbon fibre construction, allowing COBRA engineers to reduce the clubhead weight by 2 grams (190g total) while maintaining a high MOI of 5,000 for maximum stability and forgiveness.
To add to the weight-saving technologies, the driver now utilises a standard size 37g Lamkin grip, which is 4 grams lighter than last year’s model, and a sub-50-gram ULTRALITE shaft. Together, the lighter grip (-4g), lighter head (-2g), and lighter shaft (-2g) combine to bring the total overall weight to an unbelievably light 277 grams - 8 grams lighter than its predecessor.
In addition, the AIR-X Drivers feature heel-biased weighting and an offset hosel design to help correct a slice and make it easier to hit straighter drives down the fairway. Updated for 2022 is an offset that is increased by 20% delivering even more slice correction for those who need it. For players who prefer a traditional, square setup at address, the AIR-X Drivers are also available in a straight neck model.
COBRA’s new AIR-X Fairways employ similar weight-saving innovations as the driver, including the updated lighter weight carbon crown, and a 6-gram lighter 41g Lamkin grip. Additionally, a low profile, shallow face design lowers the CG for higher launch while back/heel weighting creates draw bias to help correct a slice.
- Women’s AIR-X Driver (£299) – Available in offset only in both right-hand and left-hand versions with a COBRA ULTRALITE 40 shaft in ladies flex. Comes in a striking black/lilac colourway and 11.5° (RH only) & 15° of loft (LH/RH).
- Women’s AIR-X Fairways (£189) – Available in both right-hand and left-hand versions with a 45-gram ULTRALITE shaft in ladies flex. Comes in a striking black/lilac colourway and available lofts include 19° (3wd), 23° (5wd) and 27° (7wd) in right and left-hand.
- Men’s AIR-X Driver (£299) – Available in both right-hand and left-hand versions with a COBRA ULTRALITE 40 shaft in stiff, regular and lite flex. Comes in a sleek revolver grey/arsenal red colourway.
Available lofts include 9.5°, 10.5° and 11.5° in right-hand and 10.5° in left-hand.
- Men’s AIR-X Fairways (£189) – Available in both right-hand and left-hand versions with COBRA ULTRALITE shafts (50-gram in stiff, regular and 45-gram in lite flex,). Comes in a sleek revolver grey/arsenal red colourway. Available lofts include 16° (3wd), 20° (5wd) and 23° (7wd) in right and left-hand.
Building off the success of the F-MAX family, which debuted in 2017, the new AIR-X women’s and men’s irons and combo sets continue to deliver a lighter overall club weight to improve feel and maximize clubhead speed and distance for players with moderate swing speeds.
The COBRA AIR-X irons take lightweight technology and super game improvement performance to a new level. A lighter clubhead design yields 2 grams in weight-savings, while a 6-gram lighter 41g standard size grip with a lighter and softer rubber compound improves feel, making these irons easier and more enjoyable to hit than ever before. Players will enjoy maximum forgiveness and effortless launch through a combination of a deep undercut cavity, low profile shape and greater lofts throughout the set. The new AIR-X irons feature the following game improving technologies:
- Strategic Weighting – Weight low and wide increases stability and forgiveness on off-centre hits, while heel-biased weighting provides draw trajectory for increased accuracy and directional control.
- Progressive Offset Design –The long irons feature more offset to increase accuracy and forgiveness, while the short irons and wedges feature progressively less offset for maximum control and precision around the green.
- Low Profile with Deep Undercut Design – A low profile shape with a deep undercut cavity results in higher launch, increased ball speeds and maximum carry distance.
- Traditional Lofts –maximize flight trajectory for moderate swing speeds, resulting in increased carry distances, and steeper descent angles for improved stopping power into greens.
- Premium Chrome Finish – a nickel, two-tone chrome plating provides beautiful aesthetics and increased durability for great looking, longer lasting irons.
The COBRA AIR-X Irons are available in a variety of set options. See below for each option and pricing.
- Women’s AIR-X Graphite set (£599) – A 6-piece set features a COBRA ULTRALITE 45-gram graphite shaft (6-PW, SW); available in both right-hand and left-hand versions in ladies’ flex. Available in a striking chrome/lilac colourway.
- Men’s AIR-X Irons (£599 steel; £699 graphite set) – 7-piece, stock 5-PW, SW iron set features a 97g FST ULTRALITE steel shaft in regular flex; the 7-piece stock graphite set (5-PW, SW) features an ULTRALITE graphite shaft that is offered with a 50-gram structure in regular and a 45-gram weight in lite flex; both available in right-hand and left-hand versions in sleek chrome/red colourway.
The women’s and men’s AIR-X Hybrids featured in the combo sets are also available to purchase as stand-alone options. The AIR-X Hybrids utilise COBRA’s lightest clubhead, grip and shaft designs in addition to the following game-enhancing technologies:
- Back/Heel CG Weighting – An internal weight pad strategically positions weight low, back and towards the heel to deliver straighter trajectories.
- Offset Hosel Design – An offset hosel design helps to square the face at impact to increase launch and improve accuracy.
The women’s AIR-X Hybrids are available in 4H (23o), 5H (26 o), 6H (29 o) and 7H (32 o) (RH Only) in ladies’ flex. The AIR-X women’s hybrids (£169) come in a striking black/lilac colourway. The men’s AIR-X Hybrids (£169) are available in 3H (19 o), 4H (22 o), 5H (25 o), 6H (28 o) and 7H (31 o) (RH only) of loft in stiff, regular and lite flex.
The AIR-X family of clubs are now available in-store and online.
If you like the look of the COBRA Golf AIR-X range, you may be interested to find out more about the KING LTDx Max Drivers and Fairways and Hybrids.