Check out Cleveland's Golf new range of 588 RTX 2.0 wedges, built on the success of the original 588 RTX boasting a number of enhanced technological features offering more versatility of choice.
Cleveland Golf’s 588 RTX wedge literally changed the face of spin on its release and the new 588 RTX 2.0 range is sure to enhance Cleveland Golf’s reputation as a leader in wedge technology in golf.
The 588 RTX 2.0 boasts a number of enhanced technological features offering more versatility of choice. This has all been achieved through hundreds of hours of testing and feedback generated by the world’s top players.
From that research thee distinct wedge grinds have been developed in two different head designs that are proven to optimise the short game for players of all abilities. For the improving wedge player, a more forgiving cavity back design, and for the better player, a traditional muscle-back head shape.
Rotex 2.0 Face technology
The Rotex face has been enhanced further to offer the maximum surface roughness allowed by USGA. This has been achieved through three advancements in the R&D lab.
- Fourth generation Tour Zip grooves combine 15% sharper grooves and a deeper micro milling to provide superior spin on all shots from the rough.
- Advanced, 2-pass micro milling pattern provides a strategically designed roughness close to the USGA limit. This leads to increased friction and more spin, especially from inconsistent lies.
- Finally, laser milling fine-tunes the micro-roughness for more consistency and texture across the face.
Cleveland Golf has created three distinct grind options for the 588 RTX 2.0 wedge family. This comprehensive system makes it easier than ever for any golfer to build a wedge set that maximises performance based on turf conditions, playing preference and skill level. By progressively varying the wedge’s sole design according to bounce, Cleveland Golf has created an unmatched array of scoring tools.
1 DOT (LOW BOUNCE) KEY FEATURES
• Trailing Edge Grind + maximum heel and toe grind
• Lowest effective bounce
• Keeps leading edge close to ground for aggressive lob shots, yet provides stability on square-faced full shots
2 DOT (STANDARD BOUNCE) KEY FEATURES
• Trailing Edge Grind + moderate trailing relief
• Mid effective bounce
• All-around playability and versatility, allowing golfer to execute a variety of shots from most playing conditions
3 DOT (FULL SOLE) KEY FEATURES
• Constant Sole Width
• Higher effective bounce
• Allows the golfer to use the sole to their advantage around the greens. Full shape gives stability on full shots, however the curvature in the sole still allows player to open the face.